Change Management / Software QA Engineer
The ideal candidate demonstrates attention to detail, a commitment to quality assurance and testing, and an ability to meet deadlines and effectively translate customer needs into technical solutions.
The Change Management / Software QA Engineer is primarily focused on the design, development and maintenance of test frameworks and procedures, prototyping innovative automation solutions, and streamlining the execution of appropriate Quality Assurance in the software delivery release lifecycle. The successful candidate will develop and review a testing procedure that reduces the need for manual testing. The position will also identify improvements in testing procedures for the applications developed by the software development staff and will work closely with infrastructure staff to enable automated testing and deployment processes, including regression testing.
The Change Management / Software QA Engineer will further contribute to executing and developing Velocity’s quality assurance processes, including tasks such as tool selection, automation strategies, adherence to requirements, and diagnosis of discovered bugs. Important additional attributes include: attention to detail, a commitment to quality assurance and testing, and an ability to meet deadlines and effectively translate customer needs into technical solutions.
This position is a full-time, salaried position in our Westlake Village headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain scalable automated test frameworks and approaches.
- Provide leadership in defining the automation methodologies, strategies, standards, tools, best practices for automation processes.
- Define performance monitoring strategy and enforcing best practices.
- Develop and oversee the execution of the automated functional and regression test.
- Ensure that automated testing is part of Velocity’s continuous integration environment, including automated smoke and regression tests.
- Debug and correct any automated script failures.
- Determine appropriate metrics to use in evaluating effective testing.
- Communicate issues and concerns to appropriate parties based on analysis and defects.
- Provide ad hoc assistance as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience as a developer, business analyst, infrastructure engineer, or in a comparable role.
- 3+ years of quality assurance experience, test planning and execution, including defect identification, bug triage, and managing bug resolution.
- Proficiency and confidence in debugging complex software applications.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries and in debugging data-related bugs and performance issues.
- Strong written, verbal, and graphical communications skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
- Experience with agile development processes is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and responsibilities in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working with senior management, vendor partners, and external expert consultants.
- Ability to conduct meetings, evaluate issues, provide solutions, and drive aggressive timelines.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to work both independently and with minimal guidance, as well as with a team
- Experience with, and demonstrated use of, industry standard testing tools would be an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience using common software architecture patterns is a plus
- Good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Bachelor’s Degree with a specialization in MIS, Computer Science, Mathematics or Statistics (or equivalent experience)
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.