Desktop Support Technician
The ideal candidate is friendly, detail oriented, able to complete tasks in a timely manner, and able to effectively multitask.
We are currently looking for an exceptional customer service IT Help Desk Support Technician to join our rapidly growing team. Help Desk Support Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, and voice/data communication issues; network troubleshooting; providing excellent customer service via e-mail and telephone; and more. Our team provides assistance, mentoring, on-the-job training and opportunity for growth.
This is a full-time position with benefits, based in our Westlake Village headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking Technicians that have:
- Sharp problem-solving skills and initiative
- Ability to solve the issue presented while also being able to recognize patterns to solve repeat issues
- Ability to look at the big picture to prevent future issues
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with others and deducing team member’s problems
- React positively to an ongoing, changing environment
- Commitment to following up on all issues in a timely manner
- Experience in Microsoft products. We are a Microsoft shop and knowledge with everything Microsoft is very important
- Assist users experiencing technical problems with hardware, software, and other computer related issues
- Communicate regularly and effectively with users on open ticket status
- Train end users in person and remotely in the proper use of hardware and software
- Ability to walk end user through diagnostic procedures to identify, resolve, or determine source of error
- Log, track, and maintain detailed incident reports on all calls
- Communicate with software and hardware vendors to request service, updates, and resolution of open tickets Maintain Help Desk procedures and training material
- Analyze incident reports, determine the cause, and make recommendations to reduce help line incident rate
- Onboard/Offboard employees
- Perform additional duties as required by management
Required Skills and Experience
- 3 years of technology support experience
- Familiarity with Help Desk practices (ticket systems, team environment, etc.)
- Experience with remote trouble-shooting
- Experience with trouble-shooting phone systems (Mitel/ShoreTel a plus)
- Experience with VPN, AV, DLP, and RDS, etc.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Exchange 2016 and Active Directory Users and Computers
- Knowledge in O365 and Azure AD
- Advanced MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) skills
- Associate’s Degree preferred, but not required
Certificates and Licenses
- CompTIA A+ Certification or comparable
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.