Doc Drawer (temporary)
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate loan products, loan documents, loan funding requirements and attorney/escrow/title practices.
Velocity is seeking a full-time, temporary Doc Drawer for our Fort Washington, Pennsylvania office. The Doc Drawer manages file flow and acts as an advocate from beginning to end, starting with a pre-doc audit, to doc drawing, to loan funding, through post-funding audit.
This person will have extensive knowledge of commercial real estate loan products, loan documents, loan funding requirements and attorney/escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to commercial real estate lending transactions to deliver a quality product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a high level of customer service with quick response times and accurate information (both internally and externally).
- Effectively communicate status and expectations to closing agents, team members, and management.
- Ensure data integrity by reviewing loan data in Encompass against Final Loan Approval, Loan Confirmation, Loan Application and other documents per doc or funding checklist.
- Verify Loan Confirmation, Final Fees & Wire and Settlement Statements follow company guidelines.
- Verify prelim, appraisal and credit documentation are not expired and clear of any and All liens, judgments, encumbrances, violations, delinquent taxes are paid and/or removed at close of escrow.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of loan documents being drawn and emailed to Closing Agent.
- Review executed loan packages to ensure all Underwriting & Compliance requirements have been met.
- Request any additional documentation as needed to ensure close of escrow conditions are met.
- Balance loan to Settlement Statement and request wire.
- Complete a post-funding audit on wet state files once docs have been received and uploaded.
- Review Issues Log and resolve loan suspense items to ensure timely shipping and transfer of loans to Investor and Servicers.
- Maintain detailed notes in the conversation log/milestone comments within the loan transaction.
- Provide feedback to management on suggested policy changes and/or enhancements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong verbal & written communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to move between tasks quickly is preferred; being able to respond to pressure situations easily and work productively in a fast paced, sometimes stressful environment.
- Knowledge of investor requirements and attorney/escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to commercial real estate transactions.
- Superior knowledge of personal computers and applicable software (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.