The ideal candidate for this position has a strong understanding of financial reporting and financial analysis with strong Microsoft Excel skills.
The FP&A Analyst applies analytical expertise in performing productive research for forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis. Prepares reports and makes recommendations to management, while supporting the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This position is a full-time, salaried position based in Velocity’s Westlake Village, Calif. corporate headquarters, which has a relaxed and friendly work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and develops complex financial models to prepare annual budget information as well as weekly, monthly, and quarterly forecasts
- Creates monthly tracking reports and perform analysis on financial information
- Drives the forecasting process for one or more teams, supporting them with models, tools, and ad hoc analysis
- Partner with management to improve how we develop assumptions
- Ability to research complex problems and articulate financial results linked to operational cause and effect
- Formulates financial analysis and presentation packages for senior management and corporate leadership
- Prepares various ad-hoc analytical studies at the request of management
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Required Skills and Experience
- General understanding and experience of standard accounting concepts, practices, procedures and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience in accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis
- Ability to analyze and translate complex data into easily understandable information and make recommendations; use expertise to solve complex problems
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, exceptional troubleshooting and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex information effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, key finance systems, reporting software and database management tools
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Power BI
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably within the financial services industry
- College degree in Accounting/Finance strongly preferred
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.