Internal Controls Analyst
The ideal candidate for this position will have a solid understanding of internal controls compliance in a finance or finance-related field.
The Internal Controls Analyst will be a member of the finance team and will work with other business units to assist with defining control objectives, implementing control procedures, and monitoring compliance efforts to achieve and maintain a strong system of internal controls.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Velocity’s Westlake Village headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform periodic updates of documentation of business processes and related controls
- Perform walk-throughs of process flows and interact with process owners to assist them in determining appropriate internal control activities, improvements, remediation, and documentation enhancements
- Support process owners with their responsibility to ensure operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, including current process documentation
- Assist in defining, analyzing and documenting risks, related assertions and control activities
- Support the preparation of reports related to issue tracking and remediation of deficiencies in internal controls
- Assist the team with special assignments necessary to support business strategy
- Demonstrate behaviors that are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
- Fulfill on role-based compliance, personal skill, and professional development requirements
- Adhere to company code of conduct and policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of related experience, preferably in finance or finance-related field
- Mortgage and/or real estate industry experience preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 4-year college degree (bachelor) or equivalent work experience
Certificates and Licenses
- CPA, CIA, CISA in process is a plus
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.