The ideal candidate will have the ability to move between tasks quickly while being able to respond to pressure situations easily and work productively in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
We are looking for a Junior Funder who can manage file flow and act as an advocate from beginning to end. Starting with a pre-doc audit, to doc drawing, to loan funding, through post-funding audit. This person will have extensive knowledge of commercial real estate loan products, loan documents, loan funding requirements and attorney/escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to commercial real estate lending transactions to deliver a quality product.
This position is a full-time, hourly position in Fort Washington, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high level of customer service with quick response times and accurate information (both internally and externally).
- Effectively communicate status and expectations to closing agents, team members, and management.
- Ensure data integrity by reviewing loan data in Encompass against Final Loan Approval, Loan Confirmation, Loan Application, and other documents per doc or funding checklist.
- Verify Loan Confirmation, Final Fees & Wire and Settlement Statements follow company guidelines.
- Verify prelim, appraisal and credit documentation are not expired and clear of any and all liens, judgments, encumbrances, violations, delinquent taxes are paid and/or removed at close of escrow.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of loan documents being drawn and emailed to Closing Agent.
- Review executed loan packages to ensure all Underwriting & Compliance requirements have been met.
- Request any additional documentation as needed to ensure close of escrow conditions are met.
- Balance loan to Settlement Statement and request wire.
- Complete a post-funding audit on wet state files once docs have been received and uploaded.
- Review Issues Log and resolve loan suspense items to ensure timely shipping and transfer of loans to Investor and Servicers.
- Maintain detailed notes on the conversation log/milestone comments within the loan transaction.
- Provide feedback to management on suggested policy changes and/or enhancements.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of investor requirements and attorney/escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws as they apply to commercial real estate transactions.
- Superior knowledge of personal computers and applicable software. (Microsoft Office, Skype, and Encompass)
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.