The ideal candidate for this position is organized and highly detail oriented.
Velocity seeks a loan processor to act as a liaison for the account executive and broker, as well outside vendors such as title, escrow, and insurance companies.
This is a full-time, hourly position in our Irvine, CA office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conditions list to be generated and sent to broker within 48 hours of pre-approval
- Regular follow up with broker with a minimum of weekly contact
- Document broker contact and other important information via conversation log and milestone comments
- Review submitted documents for accuracy, including but not limited to hazard insurance policies, flood certificates, fraud reports, credit reports and environmental insurance
- Research via the internet and other internal sources for verifications (i.e. employment, property profiles, etc.)
- Submit complete and accurate loan applications for underwriting
- Accurate signed and dated final 1003
- Required disclosures, executed and dated
- Required conditions, labeled according to naming conventions
- Processing conditions reviewed, cleared and filed in the correct placeholders
- Prepare loan files to submit to Closing/Funding
- Obtain an accurate Closing Confirmation signed and dated by broker
- Processing input fields completed and accurate
- Insurance re-checked for sufficient coverage and accuracy
- CPL, Wiring, and Tax Certificate uploaded
- Confirm documents are labeled correctly and in the correct placeholders
- Maintain a pipeline report of loans with efficiency and accuracy
- Review pipeline daily making sure conditions list on new loans are sent broker within 48 hours
- Provide a weekly list of loans projected to close
- Be prepared to review pipeline with management
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of Loan Processing experience
- Mortgage industry experience required
- Bilingual Spanish is a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.