Marketing Communications Specialist
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in marketing communications and digital marketing, including, organic and paid search, display advertising, social media, email marketing, account-based marketing, public relations, and marketing automation, with strong writing, creative skills and technical skills.
Velocity Mortgage Capital is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist who will work with our Chief Marketing Officer to develop strategies for reaching our target audience and then craft communications across multiple organic and paid digital media channels including, search, social media, content development, press releases, and email marketing.
This is a full-time position in Velocity’s corporate offices in Westlake Village.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to identify competitive marketing strategies and formulate a response to them.
- Conduct research and recommend keywords for content development, search engine optimization and search engine marketing.
- Craft solid content based on keyword research to drive traffic by giving our target audience reasons to visit our website.
- Write text ads for organic paid search.
- Create digital display ads for paid search.
- Create email marketing campaigns.
- Build landing pages that convert visitors into leads for our sales team.
- Create image and video ads for organic and paid social media posts.
- Manage and grow our social media community by reading and responding to questions posed by our LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers.
- Create and distribute press releases about the company to media outlets.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in a marketing, public relations, or communications role where generating qualified leads for an internal sales team was the primary marketing objective.
- Ability to research and develop digital marketing strategies that span multiple media channels.
- Hands-on experience in executing integrated marketing communications.
- Strong writing and design skills.
- Content creation for website blog posts and landing pages to drive inbound traffic.
- Search engine optimization experience.
- Search engine marketing experience.
- Ability to organize, create, track, and report the results of digital marketing campaigns.
- Experience in using marketing automation programs to automate tasks through workflows and sequences.
- Social media experience, including the ability to create organic and paid social media posts in LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. (Experience in creating video posts is a plus.)
- Management of a social media community where consistent content and follower growth is a key objective.
- Email marketing experience, including list selection, copy writing, and design.
- Mortgage industry marketing experience is preferred.
Software/Digital Applications Experience Required
- HubSpot (preferred) and/or other marketing automation applications.
- Salesforce (preferred) and/or other CRM applications.
- Google Analytics.
- Google Ads.
- LinkedIn Ads.
- Facebook Ads.
- Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop and Premiere Pro).
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism.
401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, and Pet Insurance. Benefits become effective on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment.