Portfolio Analyst, Capital Markets
The ideal candidate has a degree in quantitative analysis, as well as experience in finance or a finance-related field and mortgage or real estate industry experience.
Velocity is looking for a Portfolio Analyst to join its Capital Markets Team. The Portfolio Analyst is a broad role that provides the opportunity to be involved with financial analytics, data modeling and mining. If you’re a data-driven person who loves quantitative analysis, then this is the position for you!
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits, based in our Westlake Village, CA headquarters.
Velocity is a nationwide, direct portfolio lender founded in 2004 with a focus on financing residential 1-4 investment properties and small balance commercial real estate. The company is an active capital markets participant, having issued 12 securitizations over the past few years. This an exciting opportunity to join a growing firm and to contribute to a strong, profitable company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and provide surveillance on the company’s 12 securitizations
- Monitor overall portfolio and report on key/emerging risks and trends
- Complete and help present monthly portfolio credit reporting
- Conduct data querying, manipulation and analysis of large datasets
- Assist with pricing whole loan acquisitions
- Complete a variety of ad hoc data requests
- Provide back up support for financing activities/warehouse line management
- Provide back up support for analysis used in monthly accounting deliverables
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred in finance or finance-related field
- Mortgage and/or real estate industry experience preferred but not required
- Skilled in analyzing, interpreting, summarizing and presenting large amounts of data
- Experience with SQL and Power BI a plus
- Strong Excel skills required (V-Lookup, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Detail-oriented individual who can work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proven problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (finance, engineering, science or math).
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.