Real Estate Analyst
The ideal candidate is a licensed appraiser with a 5+ years of experience and has excellent knowledge of real estate and appraisal practices.
Velocity Mortgage Capital is looking for a reliable Residential Real Estate Analyst who is accountable for various functions of real estate valuation for the company’s Single-Family Investment portfolio. The Real Estate Analyst is responsible for maintaining high levels of service and superior quality of the valuation process. This is a regular, full-time position based in our Fort Washington, PA branch.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Upon receipt of the appraisal reports, performs comprehensive appraisal reviews for USPAP, FIRREA and master credit policy compliance
- Confirms property level details with data sources and public records to avoid overstating the market value
- Requires knowledge base and communication skills to follow up with vendors and appropriately resolve errors, discrepancies and valuation issues
- Requires significant interaction with account executives, processors, underwriters and third-party appraisal vendors. Pro-actively supports Chief Appraiser in administering exceptional appraisal services for the company
- Provides customer service to internal and external business customers in a professional and timely manner
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as assigned by the Chief Appraiser
- Certified General or Certified Residential appraiser license with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of real estate and appraisal practice. Knowledge of USPAP and FIRREA guidelines and regulations pertaining to Real Estate Appraisals
- Technological—must have strong skills in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workflows
- Excellent verbal and written communication, customer service, solid analytical skills, organizational and time-management skills
- Must be professional, a quick learner, take initiative, be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through