Social Media Coordinator
The ideal candidate is skilled at creating engaging text, image and video content for social media and has excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram best practices.
As a social media coordinator for Velocity Mortgage Capital, you will be responsible for increasing our online presence by creating engaging text, image and video content for our social media accounts to communicate the company’s brand messaging with the primary objectives of increasing our social media followers, audience reach, engagement levels and website traffic.
The social media coordinator is a full-time, hourly position with benefits, based in our Westlake Village, CA headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and create engaging text, image and video content for our Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter accounts to create a strong online presence for our company.
- Suggest creative ways to attract more followers and increase engagement.
- Design posts to engage readers, retain curiosity, and create buzz around our products, services, website content, trade shows, press releases, marketing promotions and sales initiatives.
- Measure web traffic generated by social media posts using Google Analytics tracking code and social media tracking pixels to determine which creative strategies and tactics generate the highest number of qualified leads based on form fill completion rates from mortgage brokers.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social media platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Provide social media content and templates to our account executives and train them how to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way that does not violate the integrity of our brand image.
- Provide weekly reports on the performance of social media posts.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from followers.
- Answer questions posted in social media content and forward information for prospective leads to the National Sales Director.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram best practices.
- Proven work experience as a social media coordinator.
- Expertise across multiple social media platforms.
- Experience in setting up performance tracking for social media.
- Knowledge of how SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics can be used to identify strategies for social media.
- Ability/desire to remain well-informed on social media trends and digital technologies, and act proactively to implement them in the company’s social media efforts.
- Multitasking and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong copywriting and graphic design skills.
- Significant skill in the use of Photoshop to create engaging social media imagery.
- Ability to manipulate social media metrics in Microsoft Excel to analyze the performance of social media posts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Skills in manipulating data from social media sites to create informative reports on social media performance and make strategic recommendations.
- Degree in marketing, new media, creative writing, graphic design or a relevant field is desired.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, journalism, English) preferred, but not required.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.