Social Media Manager
The ideal candidate is skilled at creating engaging text, image and video content for social media and has excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram best practices with an ability to analyze results and provide recommended strategies.
As a social media manager for Velocity Mortgage Capital, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution and analysis of the company’s online social media marketing and community management efforts, with the primary objectives of increasing our social media followers, audience reach, engagement levels and website traffic.
This is a full-time, salaried position in our Westlake Village, CA headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and create engaging text, image and video content for our Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter accounts to create a strong online presence for our company.
- Design posts for our website and social media platforms to engage readers, retain curiosity, and create buzz around our brand, products, services, website content, trade shows, press releases, marketing promotions and sales initiatives.
- Generate content on the company’s website by identifying and researching trends and events in the residential investment and commercial property mortgage marketplace that will drive inbound traffic and increase search rankings.
- Increase our online social media video presence.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM EXPERTISE
- Generate new leads by encouraging social media followers and website visitors to complete forms to request more information, including forms in social media platforms that link to our marketing automation platform.
- Schedule social media posts for optimum performance based on website visits and form completions.
- Properly set up and maintain users and assigned privileges in all social media platforms.
- Manage the integration between social media platforms and our marketing automation platform.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social media platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Attend conferences on social media strategies and tactics to remain current.
- Provide social media content and templates to our account executives and train them how to use social media in a cohesive and beneficial way that does not violate the integrity of our brand image.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from followers.
- Formulate answers to questions posted in social media content and forward information for prospective leads to the National Sales Director.
SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGY AND RESEARCH
- Recommend both strategic and creative ways to attract more followers and increase engagement.
- Manage and optimize the company’s social media marketing budget, including advertising, billing and expense reporting.
- Provide weekly reports on the performance of social media posts.
- Analyze web traffic generated by social media posts using Google Analytics, marketing automation tools, and native social media platform reporting tools.
- Determine which creative strategies and tactics generate the highest number of qualified leads based on form fill completion rates from mortgage brokers.
- Provide a monthly analysis of the social media efforts of our key competitors using social media listening and competitive reporting tools, with strategic recommendations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Detailed understanding of inbound marketing and its relationship with social media promotion.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Instagram best practices.
- Experience in managing all aspects of social media platforms (i.e., account management, ad creation, reporting, analysis and billing).
- Proven work experience as a social media manager.
- Expertise across multiple social media platforms.
- Experience in setting up performance tracking for social media.
- Knowledge of how SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics can be used to identify strategies for social media.
- Ability/desire to remain well-informed on social media trends and digital technologies, and act proactively to implement them in the company’s social media efforts.
- Multitasking and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong copywriting and graphic design skills.
- Ability to manipulate social media metrics in Microsoft Excel to analyze the performance of social media posts and make recommendations for improvement.
- Skills in manipulating data from social media sites to create informative reports on social media performance and make strategic recommendations.
- Degree in marketing, creative writing, graphic design, communications or a relevant field is desired.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Experience with HubSpot or a similar marketing automation tool.
- Significant skills in the use of Photoshop to create engaging social media imagery.
- Ability to identify, recommend, learn, utilize and integrate marketing technology tools as they emerge.
- Experience in creating video for social media marketing.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, communications, journalism, English).
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.