The ideal candidate for this position will have strong accounting skills and attention to detail.
Leverage the advanced accounting skills you’ve gained in your professional career in a dynamic role with Velocity Mortgage Capital in Westlake Village, CA.
Velocity is a well-capitalized mortgage investment company that originates, acquires, and securitizes commercial mortgages. We are seeking a regular, full-time Staff Accountant to join our growing company, and help us in building our dynamic accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to assist with the preparation of financial statements and support schedules in accordance with GAAP
- Maintains financial records for subsidiary companies by analyzing balance sheets and general ledger accounts
- Perform variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects
- Assist with the monthly close procedures
- Prepare account reconciliations (assets, liabilities and accruals) and supporting sub-ledgers; research and resolve account reconciling items
- Records month-end adjusting journal entries
- Assist with preparation of audit support schedules for external auditors
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Support other team members as necessary
- Secures financial information by keeping information confidential
- Maintains accounting controls by following policies and procedures
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Required Skills and Experience
- Must be highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from Manager to accomplish objectives
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem-solving, and results oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business-related degree required. CPA is a plus.
Our benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance without having to wait 90 days. Benefits kick in on the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We offer 401K match and multiple paid holidays.
Stand up desks, stocked café with endless coffee and tea available, as well as healthy snacks and cold drinks.